The following information is provided as a service of the Planning and Evaluation Unit of the Dane County Department of Human Services. This includes links to internally prepared documents, as well as, links to external sources of data that may be of interest.
- Annual Juvenile Court Report
Annually the Juvenile Court Program provides a report relating to juveniles who are referred to and/or placed in the various programs in Dane County. In addition, the Annual Report includes information related to the number and types of offenses referred to the court.
- BadgerCare Enrollment Statistics
This State web site provides current BadgerCare enrollment by category statistics.
- Child Abuse and Neglect (Wisconsin)
This State web site, under the Child Welfare expando—Child Protective Services Reports section, provides child abuse and neglect data for Wisconsin and its counties.
- Child Protective Services Dashboard
- The Child Protective Services (CPS) Dashboard is a document that provides a high-level view of the CPS and Child Welfare work that is occurring in Dane County. The Dashboard is updated on a monthly basis and compares data from the previous year to the current year. Workload measures such as the number of Access Reports received and then Screened-in, are included, as well as outcome measures such as the Initial Assessment (IA) Timeliness and Substantiation Recurrence Rate. The data sources for the Dashboard are three separate reports from the Wisconsin Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (eWiSACWIS), along with additional variables that are appended onto these reports.
- Child Welfare
In order to help States achieve positive outcomes for children and families, the Children's Bureau monitors State child welfare services through the Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs), Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Reviews, the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS), and the Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS) Assessment Reviews. This federal site provides links to the results of those reviews.
- Community Coordinated Child Care
This link is to the 4C's website that provides links to a number of on-line publications regarding child care including such items as rates, children in care, status of providers, etc.
- Crime and Arrest Data
This link is to the State Office of Justice Assistance. This provides further links to annual state and local data on crime and arrests, adult jail populations, drug arrests, and sexual assaults in Wisconsin.
DataPlace is a KnowledgePlex® initiative sponsored by the Fannie Mae Foundation. KnowledgePlex® is an online resource serving affordable housing and community development professionals. DataPlace aims to be your one-stop source for housing and demographic data about your community, your region, and the nation. The site not only assembles a variety of data sets from multiple sources, but it also provides tools and guides to assist you in analyzing, interpreting, and applying the data so you can make more informed decisions.
- Dane County Youth Assessment
- Demographic Services Center
This link to the State Demographic Services Center provides total population estimates for all Wisconsin towns, villages, and cities. In addition, the Center develops population projections by age and sex for the counties, population projections of total populations for all municipalities, and estimates of total housing units and households for all counties. Links are provided to U.S. Census Bureau data.
- Department of Transportation
This site provides links to a wide variety of reports available through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Includes traffic crash, alcohol crash facts, etc.
- FoodShare Wisconsin
This State web site provides raw and summary data on FoodShare case counts, recipients, and benefits by County and State of Wisconsin.
- Health Statistics (Wisconsin and by County)
This is a link to the State web site that provides links to a wide range of health related statistics.
- Health Care Charges in Wisconsin
Information about health care charges for common outpatient surgeries and hospitalizations.
- Impact Reports
Impact Reports are reports to the community prepared by the United Way of Dane County. These address special populations and areas of concern.
KidStat is an approach to measure and track the results that the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF) is achieving for families, as well as, to identify specific areas and opportunities for improvement. Reports are released on a semi-annual schedule and cover such items as safety and permanence, W-2, child support, and child care.
- Kids Count
Kids Count, a project of the Annie E. Casey Foundation, is a national and state-by-state effort to track the status of children in the U.S. By providing policymakers and citizens with benchmarks of child well-being, Kids Count seeks to enrich local, state, and national discussions concerning ways to secure better futures for all children.
- Medicaid Caseload Statistics (Wisconsin and counties)
This State of Wisconsin web site provides information about the number of individual Medicaid recipients who are eligible to receive services from Medicaid-certified providers.
- A Profile of Older Americans
Available from the Administration on Aging, these reports present the latest key statistics on older Americans in key subject areas, such as growth, racial and ethnic composition, income, poverty, housing, disability and activity limitations, health and health care, and more.
- Regional Trends
County-wide key indicator data. Published annually by the Dane County Department of Planning and Development.
- SAMHSA National Outcome Measures and Statistics
These are behavioral health reports presented for individual states and the overall U.S. that look at youth and adult substance use, mental health, and treatment. Please select the State for which outcome measures are desired then click on the year desired. The CMHS Uniform Reporting System (URS) Table provides data on mental health national outcome measures (NOMS) for the selected State and the U.S. The Behavioral Health Barometers examine AODA and mental health use and treatment for youth and adults for the selected State and U.S.
- Wisconsin Child Welfare Statistical Graphs and Reports
This State web site, under the Child Welfare expando—Child Welfare Dashboards section, has a variety of dashboards providing statewide and local agency child welfare performance summary data pertaining to child permanency, safety, and well-being.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Data
This site allows for the comparison and exploration of key statistics about Wisconsin public schools. Data on academic performance, attendance, enrollment, graduation, discipline and more is available.
- Wisconsin Works (W-2) Caseload Data
Data is available on participant placements, placement types, recipients, and unduplicated participants from this State web site.
- WISKIDS Count
The Kids Count Data Center provides access to a wide range of data on indicators of child well-being in Wisconsin.
- Workforce and Labor Statistics
This State web site provides data regarding:
- Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
- Current Employment Statistics
- Local Area Unemployment Statistics
- Occupational Employment Statistics
- Current Wages and Employment by Occupation