About Us

Frequently Asked Questions

Where / how do I apply for Food Share (formerly Food Stamps), Child Care Assistance or Medical Assistance?
Call the Capital Consortium Call Center at 1-888-794-5556 or visit our Food, Jobs, Shelter, and Childcare page.
How do I reach Journey Mental Health Center?
Journey Mental Health Center External link is not a County agency. It is a private non-profit agency dedicated to comprehensive mental health and substance abuse services. Journey Mental Health Center can be reached at 608-280-2700 or on the web at http://www.journeymhc.org/ External link.
Who should I call to report possible child abuse or neglect?
To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call the Dane County Department of Human Services' Child Protective Services hotline at 608-261-KIDS / 608-261-5437 during regular business hours or 608-255-6067 after hours. Further information is available by visiting the Child Protective Services page on our website.