A 24/7 Text line providing emotional support to individuals. Coordinated by the Center for Suicide Awareness.
HOPELINE is the first Emotional Support Text Line in the State of Wisconsin and provides service throughout the entire state. HOPELINE’s purpose is to offer emotional support and resources before situations rise to crisis level. HOPELINE Text Line serves anyone in any type of situation, providing access to free, 24/7 emotional support and information via the text medium that already is commonly used and trusted.
- Someone texts into HOPELINE — 839863 — anywhere, anytime, about any type of challenge or struggle.
- A live, trained specialist receives the text and responds quickly.
- Each person that texts in is important to us and we care about what they are dealing with.
- Mental Health America
non-profit organization dedicated to helping all people live mentally healthier lives by advocating for changes in policy; educating the public and providing critical information; and delivering urgently needed programs and services.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
This web site provides resources to inform yourself about mental illness, to find support, and to take action.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Dane County
This web site provides facts about mental illness including a brief overview of some of the symptoms for bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and severe depression. Brochures and pamphlets may be obtained at their office. The site also contains a guide to resources for consumers of mental health services and their families in Dane County.
- National Institute of Mental Health
This web site provides information about the signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment for a variety of mental illnesses.
- Recovery Dane
This is a consumer operated information service that assists individuals through the Dane County mental health and substance abuse service systems.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
This web site provides mental health information for individuals, families, and the general public.