Mission, Duties and Responsibilities
- Dane County Ordinance 15.15(6)
- There is created the Long-Term Support Committee which shall consist of 9 members. Five members must be consumers receiving long-term community support services or a relative or guardian of such a consumer, each of whom represents one of the following groups: (a) frail elderly persons, (b) physically disabled persons, (c) developmentally disabled persons, (d) chronically mentally ill persons, and (e) chemically dependent persons. At least one member shall be a member of the County Board. One member shall be a member of the Human Services Board and one member shall be a member of the Commission on Aging. Members shall be chosen on the basis of interest in providing long-term support services for the frail, elderly and disabled persons. The long-term support committee shall review and approve the county's community options plan and meet the requirements for a long term support committee specified in s. 46.27(4), Stats. The committee shall also advise the Health & Human Needs Committee of the County Board and the Human Services Board on long-term support, Badger Prairie Health Care Center and other program areas pertaining to the operation of the Adult Community Services Division of the Dane County Human Services Department in policy planning and budgetary matters.
The Long-Term Support Committee usually meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 or 5:30 p.m.. Most meetings will be held in a 3rd floor meeting room in the City County Building, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Madison, but some meetings will be held at other locations. Meetings are open to the public. To confirm meeting time and location, check the web page for Agendas and Minutes or contact County Staff.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and Minutes can be found here: www.countyofdane.com/committees/agendas.aspx.
2013 Potential Topics for Discussion (in no particular order)
- Review 35% CBRFCap Policy
- Mental Health Resource Bridge Program
- MA Personal Care Services
- DDCapacity Building/Community Building Initiative
- Badger Prairie Health Care Center
- Hold some meetings at community locations, including residential care facilities
Information regarding Long-Term Care Programs
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Dane County
2865 N. Sherman Avenue
Madison WI 53704
- Web Site
Contact County Staff regarding Long-Term Support Committee
- LeeAnn Grimm, Long Term Support Supervisor
- Beth Freeman, Community Services Manager, Aging & Physical Disabilities Long-Term Care