Comprehensive Community Services (CCS)
View the CCS Brochure in English or in Spanish.
In Dane County, Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) is a voluntary, community-based program funded by the State of Wisconsin and operated by the Dane County Department of Human Services.
The CCS program offers a wide array of psychosocial rehabilitation services. These are services and supportive activities that assist CCS clients with mental health and/or substance use conditions to achieve their highest possible level of independent functioning, stability, and independence, and to facilitate recovery.
The CCS program can provide a number of services needed at no cost to the client. Services that fall under the Service Array and are part of the client’s approved Recovery Plan are fully covered. The CCS Service Array includes the following areas:
- Screening and Assessment
- Service Planning
- Service Facilitation
- Diagnostic Evaluations
- Medication Monitoring
- Physical Health Monitoring
- Peer Support
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement
- Employment-Related Skill Training
- Individual and/or Family Psychoeducation
- Wellness Management and Recovery/Recovery Support Services
- Substance Abuse Treatment
Basic eligibility criteria includes:
- Dane County resident;
- Eligible for Medical Assistance;
- Have a mental health or substance use diagnosis;
- Functional limitation in one or more major life activities caused by mental health or substance use issues as measured by the state screen;
- Need for psychosocial rehabilitation services;
- Must have a current physician prescription for services.