Area Agency on Aging
Commission on Aging
Elder Abuse Committee
The Elder Abuse Committee is a joint committee of the Commission on Crimes and the Commission on Aging / AAA Board. This committee:
- Develops and provides oversight of a plan to address issues raised in system improvement studies and other data on elder abuse and neglect services.
- Increases community awareness.
- Expands professional training.
- Coordinates community services for at-risk and abused and neglected elders.
- Promotes and supports the efforts of the Multi-Disciplinary Team for Vulnerable Adults (M-Team), the Fiduciary Abuse Specialist Team (FAST), and other specialty teams.
- Makes regular reports on its work at monthly meetings of both the Commission on Sensitive Crimes and the Commission on Aging / Area Agency on Aging Board.